In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#life


The world has been washed. Partway through the afternoon yesterday, the skies darkened and rain fell steadily for a few hours. There were brief moments of hail and thunder, a few moments of deluge. I was inside, learning all manner of things at my new job. One of the biggest things is just getting used to the noise--the different sounds all around, and the talking in and out of my headset. But it's great, and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the most common items and aspects of my job.

By the time I left for home in the evening the rain was letting up, so it was just all wet pavement, glowing headlights, and the sun peeking out before time to set. Above is the city, glistening wet, and glowing with the colors of the sunset. I stopped off at Aldi for a first grocery shopping in my new place. I've been going back and forth so much that I've mostly brought food along with me, but I needed some basics to stick around. Some of my purchases pictured below, along with my supper of masa tortillas and mozzarella.




breakfast to eat and lunch to go (at a quarter to 5 this morning)

pack-lunch



And here is some more delightful music from Glenn Miller that I've been listening to as I write. I decided to take an adventure and check out the public library, since I was looking for wifi. Enjoying it very much and plan to be back often. Next time perhaps a library card!

Do you see what I see?

 #thorforthewin #how'sspace

No comments: