In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A bit of sun, a moment away

  

There are two kinds of Cabin Fever. One makes you long to see every vestige of sunshine, summer memory, and tropical magazine. The other makes you frustrated every time you hear of someone living somewhere warm, visiting the beach, or otherwise not freezing to death. If you are experiencing the second variety, click away now. 

Otherwise, enjoy some photos of a glorious getaway I was so fortunate as to experience last week. It was a rare opportunity, during this time of isolation, winter, and limited travel, I know. And so one can only embrace the chance to its potential. That is, just spend as much time in the sun as possible, refuse to close the windows for an entire week, breathe in lungful after lungful of moist sea air, and set about getting as tanned as (Minnesotanly) possible in the span of time allotted.


I of course read several books, walked upon the sand, collected shells, listened to beachy tunes, took naps, and generally discussed all of life's problems with mother. Whether or not we solved many dilemmas, or mostly just cheered each other on the road is irrelevant. But most importantly for me, it gave me time away (with a trusty sounding board) to collect my own thoughts and come to a bit of clarity about what lies ahead. I've been aware that it's time for some changes in my life, but unsure in which direction I should be heading. I am ready to step out of an in-between type stage of my life and find a life where I can work the long game, and I seem to have found the missing puzzle-piece.




More on that to come in future posts!
(And no, I'm not moving to Florida, as sunny an idea as that is)
Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Love, love, love this.

Melanie said...

Although I nearly clicked away,being in England and still locked down,no family, hugs etc:( I am glad I didn't it was lovely to share your trip and joy and almost smell the sea! I look forward to seeing where you believe the Lord is leading you

GatheredTogether said...

I'm finally getting caught up with your blogging, dear one! This trip sounds refreshing and memorable.