In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Christmas Eve!


Let me tell you, my friends, I had such great hopes to blog more during the Christmas season. Instead, life got very full of everything else, and I've let it slide. It is now Christmas Eve, and I'm off to work in twenty minutes. I would love a post bursting with hope and stories and poems and cheer, but here's the abbreviated version, and some of the reason my evenings have been full of not-writing. I've made about 20-dozen Christmas cookies, all gluten-free and dairy-free (but full of sugar and tidings of good cheer).

I'll be back to talk about the New Year. I always manage to get a little time to contemplate the year past and future. Wishing you all the hope of the season, Merry Christmas and a bright New Year! May you show up with soul and the spirit of Christmas. 'till next time ..






 

 
 

No comments: