In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few happy things

I promise to get back to more regular posting of the every-day variety, after my recent deep dives and long silences. I've been trying to live in the moment, from early morning breakfast, through commute and podcasts and work and audiobooks and teatime and journaling and supper and crosswords to working hard on sleep hygiene in an attempt to get any sleep these nights. In a minute here, I hope to be able to share more of that here. Till then, darlings...