In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blogmas, anyone?

Despite 'Blogmas' being a rather frightful word, I find the idea to be a smashing one. And so I've decided to try it out this year! What better year for entertainment, solidarity, and creativity? 2020, we're going out with a bang; a lively burst of celebration and season of lights to usher out the dark, to welcome in a Savior, sorely needed, and to usher in the new year.

Each day in December I'll be posting here, with Christmas as the running theme. I'll post pictures and tell stories about something I've done that's shatteringly Christmassy. I'll share what I'm doing for Advent, and what speaks most to my soul, in contemplation, expectancy, and peace amidst the tumult.

There will be anecdotes from work, and jokes on being single during the holidays. Book recommendations, recipes, and movie nights. We'll brainstorm ways to be insanely festive while staying safe during lock-downs, restrictions, and quarantines. And generally spread good cheer and Christmas Spirit with a lavish hand during the weirdest year in memory. 

Come along for the ride?

We start in two weeks: Sunday, November 29th, the first day of Advent. Sign up with your email if you want to be updated whenever I post something new (there's a widget on the sidebar there).

In the meantime, I'm off to launch Christmas at the coffee-shop. You'll catch me in a Santa-hat, roasting coffee to beat the band, decorating the place into a Winter Wonderland, and serving Candy-Cane Mochas in cups that look like Christmas sweaters. 

If you know me well, you know I turn into a bit of an elf at this time of year. Give me a little snow and promise of yuletide, and I go all-out in making everything around me as festive as humanly possible. Hope to see you around, and for sure back here for Blogmas.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Woot! Signing up!