In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainy weekend


As September continues to be cool and rainy where I am, I am delighting in early autumn-ness. Yes, it surely will get warm again before true autumn sets in, but that is no reason not to enjoy every leaf-blowing, chilly moment that I get. There's never any point in arguing the weather anyway, or in pressing against the unyielding seasons as if they were a revolving door. So I'll pick my favorite bits out of whatever comes!

I have the added blessing of a change of scenery, if not quite climate. I'm still in the mountains of the PNW and enjoying it immensely, especially the hiking, where I can enjoy the terrain and the piney scents. 


Thinking of Mrs. Miniver as I often do in autumn... when the wind-shield wipers go (although mine don't quite say 'beef tea'). Found an old blog I've been fond of and am enjoying quotes and pictures from there, especially this one.

I'm rereading The Red House Mystery, watching Chuck, and Once Upon a Time, trying to make omelettes, making pumpkin pancakes, and peanut butter cookies, and keeping auntie company. Also planning all sorts of fun things to do in the coming months, and enjoying the sweatshirt and boots weather, looking forward to my cozy sweaters. I dearly love this month and this whole season....
I'll write more soon I hope.

No comments: