In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

30 before 30

 In all its imperfection

I had planned to post this on my half-birthday, for no reason besides my own love of symmetry. But as I mentioned in the last post, this cold&flu thing is no joke and has continued to worsen. So although I did drag myself out to achieve one of my 30b430 goals yesterday, I did not get this post written up. So I'm posting it now, knowing that chasing your dreams does not have a time-stamp, and the idea of "being behind" is meaningless, because no one is walking your same path.

I'm giving myself 18 months to get these done, as I wanted to fill my list with meaningful things. Not fluff to make up a number, or things I put off so that I can check them off a particular list. And I may very well change this list as I go along, discarding something that is no longer important to me, adding on something fulfilling. Some are deep and storied, some are things I've never tried that I think would be fun. Some are just a way to get me out of my house, or my routine, a challenge to think and move and evolve. 

What would be on your list?

Here's mine, in no particular order

  1. Visit Scotland
  2. Solo travel
  3. Sing karaoke
  4. Ride a rollercoaster
  5. Become a yoga instructor
  6. Get my colors done
  7. Learn CPR
  8. Try an escape room
  9. Visit the MIA
  10. Restock my savings account
  11. Start investing
  12. Do a wine or whiskey tasting
  13. Re-learn Liebestraum on the piano
  14. Try tennis
  15. Find a new way to explore my love of dance
  16. Crochet my first granny square blanket
  17. Plan and have an amazing picnic
  18. Fall in love
  19. Journal 30 days in a row
  20. Make a list of things I've done before age 30
  21. Meditate a combined 30 hours
  22. Get to 30 pushups at once
  23. Send 30 cards or letters
  24. Walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days
  25. Read 30 new books
  26. Plant 30 of the same plant
  27. Do my 10th 30-days-of-yoga-with-Adriene
  28. Go 30 days with no nonessential spending
  29. Write 30 poems
  30. Plan a unique 30th birthday party

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You inspire me every day!

Karrie Diggs said...

I LOVE YOUR LIST!! I want to go to Scotland too - I will however do 30 min walk a day for 30 days! And 30 of the same plant? HOW COOL!!!! Im working on my 50 list. :) maybe itll have to be a 51 list. :)