In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He is Risen Indeed!

I always love the setting of an elegant table ~ there is so much pleasure in making it lovely

Early sun through waiting glass

I love Katie's handwriting . . .

And of course the food begins to come~

It was entirely delicious--ham, potatoes, beans, everything

Happy chatter -- He is not here, but is risen!




These daffodils make me so happy! Thank you friends!

This is the cheesecake I made ~  Leah made a lovely dessert as well, but my pictures didn't turn out :)
This is Katie's gorgeous almond-flour cake
 For several hours of the afternoon, most of us were enjoying the sunshine of the park.  We played basketball for a very long time--several games--and got properly worn out before coming back inside to help put supper on.

 There were scrumptious left-overs from the noon-meal, plus deviled eggs, cheese, pickles, and olives.

Auntie Leah & little Greta
After dishes, we played instruments and air-soft guns until it was too dark outside, and then watched Jeeves and Wooster.
"Tomorrow's never promised, but it is we swear
Think we holding our own, just a fist full of air
God has never been obligated to give us life
If we fought for our rights, we be in hell tonight
Mere sinners own nothing but a fierce hand
We never loved him we pushed away his pierced hands
I rejected his love, grace, kindness, and mercy
Dying of thirst, yet, willing to die thirsty
Eternally worthy, how could I live for less?
Patiently you turn my heart away from selfishness
I volunteer for your sanctifying surgery
I know the spirits purging me of everything that's hurting me
Remove the veil from my darkened eyes
So now every morning I open Your Word and see the Son (Sun) rise
I hope in nothin', boast in nothin', only in your sufferin'
I live to show your glory, dyin' to tell your story . . . "
--Lecrae

1 comment:

Leah said...

Happy day indeed! Such lovely photos *Olivia*! :)