In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

food and friends and stuff




Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to write a blog post in the last couple of months? Well, you might have an idea, because no doubt you too have a life and too many things you'd like to do. I've been craving creativity these days; I think it's the fall weather. I long to write and get these half-developed thoughts and ideas and emotions down on paper, as I haven't been able to do somehow, for months. But I'm feeling inspired, guys. The rain and thunder recently is doing wonders for my psyche. I'm sure the yoga doesn't hurt either, although I've noticed the benefit (as well as the pain lol) mostly in my physical body. In this beloved month of September I'm recommitting to some things that are important to me: yoga, gratitude, journalling, optimism. Hoping that this cycle of looking up and breathing deep will also carry me into more walks in the park, more poetry and blogging, more art. Edie and her challenge have been instrumental in training my mindset in such areas. It's like having a life-coach for a month (a month meant to give you the tools to go forth and life-coach thyself).
I pray that the benefits of it will lift me right into October, and trickle down through my habits and thought-processes, and keep popping up in my conversation and writings.
In September I've been working on re-training my mindset: jump-starting motivation, gratitude, (talking to myself rather than listening to myself) etc. And I started doing yoga everyday again. But  my various and sundry health-issues are cropping up again, and I'm realizing I need to take more strides in the direction of my health. So in October I'm going to do Whole30! Full on and no cheating, as whole30 should be, and out of the way before visiting and the season of Thanksgiving is upon us. (I am NOT sacrificing gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin pie and stuffing forever. They're just out in October.)

So here's to feeling better, to doing hard things, to getting back some energy. Here's to finding new recipes, and challenging our daily habits, and stopping the aching joints. I plan to do some daily instagraming to keep myself amused (and accountable), and journalling to keep track of my food discoveries and just how I feel each day. Hopefully I'll be back on here regularly to either talk about what I'm learning food-wise, or to completely distract myself from all food thoughts and to explore creativity and ideas in different avenues.

I need to post this before this draft to gets lost, unfinished. I'll end with a couple of articles and a podcast that have been reminding me of beauty and friendship lately. Let's invest!

We Read for Beauty -Sarah Clarkson

Women's Friendship in Film and Television -podcast with Joy Clarkson

You Won't Make It Alone -DG article