In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Half-way through Whole30

Here's how it's going so far.

Best part: I got out of a food-rut (and a cooking rut). Because I was forced to meal-plan, lest I go hungry, I was able to come up with more interesting ideas than I could have on-the-spot. I've spent much more time doing the actual cooking and prep, which I believe enhances my enjoyment of the food. But I'm much more prepared for the hours and days ahead. I do some bulk cooking, but mostly just for tomorrow's lunch and so on. I've made back-up breakfasts and things for my freezer in case I have to run some days, but I haven't had to use most of them yet. I get hungry less often, and enjoy my food more fully. I feel more comfortable after eating, and I do believe it helps with my energy, even though I haven't gotten to the stage where I feel totally energized.

Worst part: The worst is just that it's expensive. I end up eating such large quantities of the whole foods I can eat. I miss a few foods, and I'm keeping track of which ones they are so that I can figure out how to incorporate them into my life afterward. (And watch patterns, and see if I completely loose cravings for certain foods). It's quite interesting. Yesterday I was eating a Larabar (for the first time during the month, I've really meal-planned enough that I haven't needed them), and I found that after half of it, I was ready to be done. It was just so sweet.

So if anyone is interested in recipes, I'd be happy to share mine, or pass along where I got them from. Some of my meals included...

Meatballs
Butternut squash soup
Shakshuka
Green soup
Picadillo and tostones
Cauliflower tabbouleh
Pork Curry

If anyone needs a personal chef, I volunteer!

No comments: