In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fred and Ginger

6 comments:

Kat said...

So delightful! So glad you posted it.

Fred & Leon said...

*Happiness*

When I saw the title of this post, I automatically thought of Emily cooking with ginger... =-/

~Alysha

Leah said...

I love this! I think I smiled through the whole thing. How she can dance with high heels on is beyond me, and the dress is absolutely lovely!

Thanks for posting. :) I am so glad that you have a blog so I can see what you are up to everyday. So very delightful.

Olivia said...

Thanks for commenting folks!
Alysha--you made me laugh--how hilarious!
Yes, Leah, isn't her dress lovely? Not to mention her shoes and her talent. Wouldn't you love to do that?
They dance like one person, I think--so smooth and connected. And who else could keep up with Fred Astaire? They say she had to be even better than him because she had to do everything he did in high heels, and backward. :)
What fun!

Fred & Leon said...

Ahh, I love Fred Astaire!!! Thanks so much for posting this, Livi. :) I would so love to be able to dance like that...

~Emily

Leah said...

I have tried dancing like that a little before in highheels, I don't think it went very well. I definitely believe she had to be better than him to do it backwards. What a woman!! I bet you and I could learn it! :)