In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday

I figure, since it was 37 degrees this morning, that an indoor post is in order:
~the ever-busy chalkboard
"Meet me in St. Louis, Louis, meet me at the fair. . ."

The family consensus~

As they are busy making ketchup, we are busy cleaning, dusting and rearranging the basement. It is remarkable how many cobwebs can creep up unawares, and we were occupied with banishing them from our cozy premises. An old movie, 'Meet Me in St. Louis' being a favorite, is a perfect thing to accompany housework. Music, singing, and dancing float throughout the house as we bustle about, and no one misses the fun because we have all watched it a hundred times. Their kitchen is delightful, of course, and the dresses; and we all have fun singing lustily along with Judy Garland and the rest.
clean windows. . .. . . and twinkly lights
AND. . .

~fresh rolled oats

~dry ingredients
~melted butter
No kidding. That apple was a foot around, straight off the tree. . . living evidence!
~washing them
~ah, the delights of autumn!
~Ben, helping with the apple preparation

~caramel syrup
~ready to bake
~Baked!
~:::~
And so of course the boys must have tea.
(the substantial kind, not the drink :)


. . . so I took it out to them in the chilly air, still hot--lovely day.

And Ben kept busy nearby while I was baking--imaginative industry:

Invisible ink--kerosene lamps are very convenient!

~ And we had a cozy day! Grace and peace to you.

4 comments:

Fred & Leon said...

I'll start off with saying, how I wish I could be there with you in your 37 degree weather, eating hot caramel apple crisp...*mouth watering*...:)

Second, tell Benny that his experiments are AWESOME, and he has to show me how he did that sometime:)

Thirdly... I LOVE, and MISS you guys soooooo much, and can barely wait to see, jam with, talk, eat, watch great movies, drink hot tea or cocoa, and all the other great stuff we do when we're with you guys!!!

God Bless,
~Alysha

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

This is the stuff of beautiful days....

Kat said...

It all looks so lovely and cozy. It would have been grand to spend the day with you. :) I'm so glad to be able to enjoy it this way!

Rosie said...

It looks like you had such a fun day, Olivia....I wish that I could have been there for your tea- it looked so good :)

~Rosie