In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dayz

Did I mention the new Rick Riordan book is out?
And I finally got my turn at the library book?
(pictured at yesterday's yoga sesh)
The roads are poor today, deep in slushy snow. Cars on the curb and state patrol out in earnest bear witness to the likelihood of spinning out. I didn't have much trouble myself, but had to take it easy, and crawl along at a slow pace. Indoors is welcome comfort.

I can make and eat pancakes in less than twenty minutes I have found, since getting up early for work doesn't mean that I decide I don't want pancakes. On the contrary. Pancakes are always a good way to start the day.

And onward the day went as usual, with coffee and work, training a trainee, more work and coffee. Eight hours later I head home in the snow, random sunlight blinking my eyes, and fatigue of the day settling in. Also today I'm fighting a head-cold that wants to squeeze my brain and tickle my throat. So altogether, I'm ready to settle in and be done.

Right away I changed into my yoga pants, and pulled up my Yoga With Adriene video. It was a thoughtful, slow, and easy practice today, but with strength-building muscle-awareness, and a good stretch in the shoulders. Now perhaps Rick Riordan, or perhaps pinterest, or possibly falling asleep. But definitely a shower.

Maybe a little baking with supper, and a cup of tea before heading out to evening small group.
More thoughts another day. Take good care,

No comments: