In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twirl with me

Sorry friends, I've let my blog go two days in a row with nothing! This week has flown by, full of a great many things. It seems like I haven't had time to catch a breath. That's not strictly true of course, I'm over halfway through my book, I haven't missed a day of yoga yet, I went swing-dancing one evening (and including the lesson, danced for about seven hours). And yesterday was a peaceful coffeeshop afternoon.

Still, not much brain-space to process this week, and in a way where I'm not sure how to fix it. So I'm just plugging away. Work's been going along pretty well, though not quite normal I should say. Last week we had water troubles, and we're in the middle of a remodel now. So work is different, and sometimes challenging. We're also training in new people, which makes work-shifts more tiring and 'on'.

The weather's been bad this week too, so I managed to spin a 180 on the ice and not quite miss an oncoming car. Zero injuries, and very little car damage, but not quite what I'd hoped for the week. So that added insurance calls and adjuster meetings and what-not and so-forth.

And in the limited corners of my days there are sermons to listen to, and Jeremiah to read, and Philippians to memorize, and worship songs to practice. Needless to say, I'm just not getting to all of it. And that's okay, I'm able to let go and not worry about it. But it's difficult to know just where priority-lines lie in a life full of work and bills, fellowship and conversation, roommates and friends, devotions and worship, colds and flus.

Anyway...heading forth to sing and work. Praying my arms and heart remain open as I spin through crazy days ahead. And that through the tumult of my days and mind, God would speak.




2 comments:

Kat said...

💛💛

Anonymous said...

Grateful you and no one else was injured!!!!~tammy