In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm gonna sing my way away from blue

Mondays are harder when you didn't really get a weekend. But they're made better by coffee, friends, cloudy skies, green tea (in fascinating glass), shopping at Target, and an evening movie set in Chicago. Plus, tomorrow I can sleep in...for the first time in a while.

No comments: