In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspired by dwarfs

"And immediately, mixed with a sizzling sound, there came to Shasta a simply delightful smell.  It was one he had never smelled in his life before, but I hope you have.  It was, in fact, the smell of bacon and eggs and mushrooms all frying in a pan." -- Horse and His Boy, dwarf-breakfast.
That, mixed with my hobbit-ish love of mushrooms inspired this, my favorite lunch in all the world.
Mushrooms and onions, bacon and egg, sizzling in bacon grease and smelling heavenly.
 Motherdy recommended greens and vinegar, so I immediately added them to my tomatoes for underneath, added a bit of salt and pepper...
 And the bacon grease mixing with the balsamic vinegar, the tomato juices, and the yoke from the egg made a glorious combination.  My 'desert island dish'.
 
 
And then a bit of afternoon under the rowan:
(not necessarily inspired by dwarfs, but most certainly enchanted by sunlight and delighting in the fairytale-quality of trees.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: