In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before the trip

Some of the books I've read over the summer...
Lovely days here, wrapping up summertime.  Sunshine and birds, some time at the pool, seeing a migrating flock of monarchs, and most importantly just lately--preparing for my trip to Washington D.C.  I am immensely looking forward to this new adventure as you can imagine; seeing that historic city, visiting relatives.  Not to mention my first airplane flight! 
 
My dear Grammy Rose is taking me on this much-anticipated jaunt, and she will make a marvelous traveling companion.  I have been well instructed (mostly by family members wishing they could fit in my backpack) to enjoy everything, take lots of pictures, bring back memories.  And I plan to journal the beauties as well, so that hopefully on my return, I will be able to post all about our 'expotition' to our capitol.  I'm thrilled to think that next week I'll have seen several of those historic buildings and lovely old sights..  And I won't say that I won't be imagining myself in National Treasure.  Or a Bourne movie.
 
...so just a few pictures from this week leading up, and then, farewell!
 
Packing and things~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My new Vikings shirt: 


 

Morning posy
 
 
Teatime with the littles..
 
 
 

4 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Have a wonderful time! It is amazing.

We live only 2 1/2 hours from D.C. and we enjoy our visits there. See the National Archives! So cool!

Deanna

Julian said...

So much to look forward to! I hope you have lots of great new experiences, and have a fun time! Blessings!
Christina

Jodi said...

You are one of the most delightful people. I've enjoyed catching up on each and every post.

Olivia said...

Thank you so much, Jodi. You've made my! More to come as soon as possible...