In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A December Vortex

Today's post is very late indeed, although well within the bounds of today. I've been a little less loquacious of late, simply because I've been pouring my words elsewhere, namely fiction. My fits of fiction inspiration come seldom enough that I try to give into them. To seize upon ideas as they come and "fall into the vortex" as Jo would say, in order not to lose them entirely. Writing is so in my soul and my blood, that I must give it a certain priority in my life. Which explains why, when I got an idea for a new short story last week, I groaned and laughed and said 'I don't have time for this', and then pulled out a notebook, pen, and laptop, and set to work.
I've had a little time off this weekend, but I'm barely catching up from the tumult of extra hours and stress last week. I'm glad there's some scope in next week, as well as a few events. I'll continue to post bits from my weekend: Saturday I wrapped some presents, and wrote, and cleaned. Sunday I attended zoom church, and wrote, and sang. Today I baked about fourteen dozen cookies, and wrote, and finished an audiobook.
Another notable thing that happened this weekend, and that you may notice, is that I upgraded my phone, and my camera quality shot skyward. That was my main reason for upgrading, honestly. One can't always have great lighting, or perfectly steady hands, so a multi-lens point-and-shoot phone camera is where it's at for me. Can't wait to try it in the many spheres of life that I hope to continue to share with you all. I'll call it a night now though, as I feel well and truly dead after that many cookies. More Advent thoughts and Christmas prep and Hanukkah light coming soon.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those cookies! They’re gorgeous! Way to beautify and sweeten the holiday, Olivia!