In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

 Party for one, please

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Kya-WahfKFk/VTc5fFMMsSI/AAAAAAAAY_U/iZUchSi-zS8/s1600/ada%2B4.jpg

 Buh-bye 2020

Today, I finished off 2020 in style. After a short work morning, I headed out to go sledding with a couple of work pals. We filled our lungs with air, sped down, spun around, laughed hysterically, trudged back up, got a few bruises, and laughed some more. Then we headed inside and Sara and I watched RBG, which I've been meaning to get to, and now highly recommend. Such a good way to round of this year!


 

I've also been listening to Winter Solstice, and my New Year's Eve 2020-2021 playlist!

Back home, I made Tom Kha, and sat slurping noodles before the fire.

 
 
 Then headed upstairs for a bit of festivity, 
a little something bubbly, 
The Holiday, and Age of Adeline.
 Let's start the new year right...
With a fond goodbye
And our hopes as high
As a kite
  
"Come on, dance with me. 

The world is spinning, we can't just stand on it."

“For centuries champagne has been used to launch marriages and ships. Most assume this is because the drink is so intrinsically celebratory; but, in fact, it is used at the onset of these dangerous enterprises because it so capably boosts one’s resolve. When the glass was placed on the table, the Count took a swig large enough to tickle his sinuses.” 

 

Wishing you a New Year filled with hope like dandelions, growth like a young tree, and light like the sunrise to shine into all the dark shadows.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love, love. You make the best party. Always. Here’s to doing NYE together in the near future! Your dress: perfection. The Tom Kha is so wonderful looking I think I must know how you make yours. New Years Res perhaps to cook things I want to eat. Anyway, I would believe that you were a fairy of joyful celebration. Thank you for infusing my spirit with the joy of it.