In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comfy Chairs and Chocolate

"Most of us consider waiting as something very passive, a hopeless state determined by events totally out of our hands. The bus is late? We cannot do anything about it, so we have to sit there and just wait. It is not difficult to understand the irritation people feel when somebody says, 'Just wait.' Words like that push us into passivity. But there is none of this passivity in Scripture. Those who are waiting are waiting very actively. They know that what they are waiting for is growing from the ground on which they are standing. Right here is a secret for us about waiting. If we wait in the conviction that a seed has been planted and that something has already begun, it changes the way we wait. Active waiting implies being fully present to the moment with the conviction that something is happening where we are and that we want to be present to it. A waiting person is someone who is present to the moment, believing that moment is the moment."   - Henri Nouwen
Okay to start off can I just say that I always forget how helpful wearing gloves is, to not feeling like you're going to die of cold. Maybe that should be obvious to me, but there's something about the fact that my hands don't feel bothered by the cold, but when my hands are cold, all of me is cold. I'm taking this as good news, however: that warmth can indeed be had here in the frozen tundra.
In other news, with another group of coworkers in quarantine, work-life goes into chaos mode once more. Fortunately, we'll be able to stay open (heeyy antibodies) but that doesn't bring a lot of peace on earth to my next ten days. Therefore, I will have to go even more into full-on rest mode when I'm not at work. Fortunately, that includes my blog, since creating, remembering, and writing is my thing! But be prepared for even more Blogging from Bed. Or Comfy Chairs as the case may be. Tomorrow's post will probably come to you from the bath. And until then, peace to you!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh girl. Another batch of quarantines. 🙏🏼 Look forward to the Blogposts from Bed, and do hope you can snatch moments of rest.