In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The view from here

I invite you into my little space.
I've little energy or eloquence tonight; 
(That isn't news to you)
Yet this online aerie holds place
For us, as well it might
Providing still a view
From me to you

My vim and time are spent
This day is through
I've worked and sought
For words as I went
And struggled to
Communicate each thought
As I ought

And still my mind teems
With schedule and story
I have an art-ache
To create currently seems
A conduit of glory
And so it is, I make
Or I may break
The view out the kitchen window...
My glory corner:

Pictures of me over the weekend, keeping it festive and a little funkier than usual with the wrapping (I used my old Times issues, and my signature ribbon):
Alright friends, signing off now, as I've only got random esoteric poetry left in me.
Take care and I'll see you tomorrow,
Peace

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love. And your Times wrapping is perfecto.