In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few tributes as we wrap up a tough year...

  

Wakanda forever

  

from my early memories of basketball...

  

'things in here don't react too well to bullets'

 

I haven't yet seen this documentary, but it's on my list for next year. 

  

this man and his commitment to real journalism will be missed

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank you, yes. So good to remember these. They will be missed.