In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gorgeous sunset this morning

And... I did it again. Didn't get around to posting earlier in the day, and then went to bed too late to do it then. But I got the important things done yesterday. Worked, talked to Ben, called Mama, had supper with friends, and stayed up late for fellowship and music. And then more fellowship when I got home and Grace was back! It feels good to be a five-some again.

But I will try to do a proper post tonight.


Do most people enjoy walking through Home Depot? I find it thoroughly enjoyable: the familiar smells, the tools, wood, Christmas trees. And if one isn't compelled to walk around for hours, it's even exciting. Very satisfying too, when you go there to pick up necessary items--replacement glass and a snow shovel, in my case--find them without any trouble, and make it out in a timely fashion. Before you've rubbed the shine off your visit.
And then of course, I was right next to Goodwill, so I had to pop in there and check on the state of flannel shirts, and cheap christmas sweaters for holiday-barista season. I didn't find those this time, but I picked up a couple of other items. Anyone else hoping for a little snow this weekend?
I came home then and put a chicken in the oven to roast. I enjoy rinsing and drying a bird, rubbing with olive oil, salt, thyme; chopping an onion, putting the giblets in for broth later. It's peaceful.

No comments: