In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look who forgot to post last night.


Not that it's a terrible shock or anything. I was so worn out last night. I'd been planning on a slower Saturday, but ended up working a pretty hectic shift. So I was out-of-it even during the afternoon while the coffee propped me up. I got to spend some time with Ben and a few friends, which was lovely. But I didn't get to appreciate it properly. I was able to catch an evening church service, since I knew I worked this morning as well. Then I crashed about nine.

Today I worked all morning, and now I'm at the laundromat with all my earthly clothes it seems like. It's going to be brilliant to have things to wear again! And it's hard to beat that freshly-washed-laundry smell. Between that and my fresh gingerbread, my car should stay smelling pretty great.

I'm looking forward to shopping this week for Thanksgiving food and bacon and all the other lovely things. Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? I've got a couple of Friends-givings to go to as well, so I'm enjoying planning what to bring... And we all know what season comes after that!

I'm listening to Michael's Buble's new album in my ear-buds right now and it's making me want to dance! Thanks to coworkers who remind one of such things...

No comments: