In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

eleven and snow

Well, I didn't post yesterday (when my family had our own celebration and present opening) so this is a quick one for yesterday and today. A bit of a cop-out I know, but I promise to lock myself in my bedroom for a little real writing before the first of the year: today, however, is not that day. So yesterday, after brunch and present opening, we lounged and watched White Christmas, and Christmas in Connecticut, to round off the holiday weekend. It was lovely.
Today I packed up the car, drove home, and headed straight to work. Back from work, I'm preparing for a bit of festivity: a quiet party if you will. I dashed out for some ingredients to make mulled wine. Friends come around seven. I've showered now, and am ready for the evening to begin!
Listening to The Chieftans' Bells of Dublin yesterday and today. St Steven's Day was yesterday, gotta have some tunes for that!

No comments: