In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clock moves so slowly, time moves so fast

 
Quite a lot has happened these last few days. It's hard to know what all I should chronicle here, and what I should leave to the fleeting moments of golden measured days. Most of these evenings I've been busy with other things and haven't done much writing, here or elsewhere. 
There's been work of course, steady as she goes. Yesterday was quite a fun day. Amy and I spent some time together in the morning before we headed in different directions for work. We watched a chick-flick, and ate lots of bacon. It was a great start to a Saturday. Then of course we had to leave for work, but that was okay too. Work was usual, and I closed at the coffeeshop, and then went home for a bite of supper before meeting several friends downtown.
We congregated in a bookstore/coffeeshop, curled on couches talking and laughing as our number swelled. Then someone had the brilliant idea to put paper on the coffee-table and draw together. But we didn't have any big sheets of paper. Out come everyone's notebooks and a myriad of pens. I manage to scrounge up some tape from my purse (wash-tape with ruler-markings no less). We lay the papers our together in a hodgepodge collage, and tape them together. Sitting, kneeling, leaning, chatting. We all pick up pens and markers and begin to draw whatever comes into our heads. We write random things. (I wrote some in morse code as usual.) It was a wonderful time to just spend chilling with like-minded and beloved friends.
  I then headed home at a reasonable hour because I had to get up for work this morning. I opened at work today, and was there till about two in the afternoon. At which time I headed to a friends' house, with the Viking's radio on in my car on the way. I heard Paul Allen announce an interception in real time, and got to the friend's house in time to watch about the last quarter of the game with them. 5&0 Skol Vikings!
 Sometime in the mid afternoon things were winding down and I thought about heading home. But then an old friend popped up that I hadn't seen in years (or to be more accurate, a bunch of siblings that I'd known as little kids but weren't so little any more!). So I ended up staying longer to catch up a bit. We played catch with a football in the yard, which I haven't done in a while and I enjoyed immensely! I have to do that more often. I had a blast throwing spirals and talking about random stuff.
My brothers and I gathered to play some music before the afternoon broke up, and then the guitar was passed around and we sang a bunch of different things and joked and laughed.
I drove home after that and made myself a refried-bean, spinach, sort of omelette. In want of savory protein and greens. And then Ashley came back and we caught up a little on our weekend.
It was time to wind down, but it wasn't late enough for bed, so we decided on a movie. I produced The Tourist, as she hadn't seen it yet, and we settle in to one of my favorites. It will forever be in my mind, one of the greats. It just has so much going for it: casting and filmography, spy and thriller themes, scenery and setting, elegance and class, humor and romance. I mean really.

No comments: