In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sabbath (for the soul)


I must have been excited to have breakfast with my friends this morning. I was up and dressed, had eaten (I never go out without eating first) ;) and made quinoa for my pack lunch, all in plenty of time. I sat on the floor and chatted with Ashley for fifteen minutes before I left.

Time with that crew is always a blessing. A love-permeated, heart-growing, spirit-lifting time. There was coffee all around of course. I drank three cups, black. (SShh don't tell anyone I wasn't a coffee person six months ago.) I'm sure it made me talk a lot. But it's an awesome group to be chatty with. There was encouragement, jokes and laughter, plans for next time, much food.

My afternoon was less interesting. I worked all afternoon, the coffee wore off, and the vikings lost. But my day was still a win. I got in on most of a church service before I had to leave for work, and scrawled a page of notes so that I wouldn't forget...

He is better than we know.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... Blessed are = hearts expanded, growing. Their hearts become bigger, who make peace. 
Love your enemies, so that you may be sons and daughters of your father  . . . He loves his enemies.
So much that he sent his son (and Jesus gladly came) to make enemies into friends.
There is nowhere too far for His love to reach. No sin to great for grace to cover.
He loves his enemies, and then makes us his brothers.

I'm learning so much these days. Most days I'm not sure where my heart is exactly. I'm not aware of all the things God's teaching me. I'm not as in touch with my heart as I hope to be. I sometimes feel like I turn my face to the Son but forget to open my eyes. But I do know my heart is growing.
And that's enough.

Peace I leave you. My peace I give you.

No comments: