In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcoming close of day

I've been listening to the Fellowship in the car
I've made it to Bree!
Today I felt buzzy and tired, even though I started the day with yoga, ate breakfast, and did some cooking before work. Still, I made it through the eight hour work day, saw some pleasant faces along the way, and am home safe in my bedroom. I'm looking forward to a little out and about adventure tomorrow, so I'll turn in at a reasonable hour. I've already mixed up the quinoa tabbouleh for my pack-lunch tomorrow, and spread apple-butter on some "naan". (GF-DF 'naan' tastes a little... interesting. But the sweet-tart of the apple butter makes it a good snack.)
Rest well, my friends. Fare well wherever you fare!

No comments: