In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Singing sidewalks



Bright lights and city streets
Brick buildings and the sound of many feet
Passing traffic hums and roars
Breadth of teeming life, my spirits soar

Dark alleyways or hopeful lighted shops
Windows, quiet park benches and bus stops
Corner cafe tables, shining booths
The cacophony of city soothes

Blue city skyline
Steel and glass towers intertwine
Spread out before me, rising around me
Movement and newness endlessly


1 comment:

Kat said...

💙💙💙