In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A bit of Doctor Who


So here are a few quotes from that good old show:
(actually today I'm catching up on Quantico, but you've gotta spread the love... Besides, when in doubt, go with Who)


“Come on, Rory! It isn't rocket science, it's just quantum physics!"


“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force! 
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual? 
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova. 
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why? 
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!” 



“You should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. Rule 408.” 


“Big flashy things have my name written all over them. Well... not yet, give me time and a crayon.” 


“When you're a kid, they tell you it's all... grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.” 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My children 26,23,19,14 love The Dr.!!! I think Matt Smith is their fave, and Donna their Fave sidekick!!! I have watched most (i think) of the ones with Donna :-), cause i like her too!!!