In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The geese are starting south

Don't worry, I don't have more than the ordinary-everyday share of fears. But if you're honest you know there are plenty of those. And I like words of encouragement to go hit every new day with.

One walks with plenty of companions every day: fear, difficulty; dozens of others that I needn't name and are unique to each of us. The trick is remembering that I am also held tight in the arms of my Savior all day long. And from that place of safety, finding joy in every ray of sunshine, smiling face, stranger who offers to share their scone with you.... 

Today I woke early and opened at work. It was a good, usual day at work, and I got home around noon. I ate a little, finished the movie I'd started last night, took a short nap, and then headed to the library. I told Ashley I was going because they had a book in for me (as in that I'd ordered). She thought I said I was going to the library because they had books there. She was like, 'yes, yes they do.' We laughed.

I brought the book back and read the first chapter or two, then headed into the kitchen. It was time to cook. I haven't been cooking as much because I work odd hours sometimes, and there just aren't as many expectant mouths. But today it was time to make something real, and I had all the things.

I chopped onions and garlic, sautéed with spices and lentils, added broth and tomato. I cut up a butternut squash to roast in the oven, and got out the black beans to add later on. And then I decided that the evening really called for a bottle of wine, and the day called for a stroll through Trader Joe's. So I quickly headed out so that I could be back before rush hour.

It was a simple drive, and a lovely time perusing Trader Joe's as always. I got some fabulous-looking apples that I look forward to, and a few more items for my pantry, including dark-chocolate-covered almonds. And a bottle of red wine of course. I'm having a little with some cheese and crackers before supper. Black bean and lentil chili anyone?
I miss Clara. Might have to watch a few episodes of Doctor Who. I think that's just what I'm in the mood for about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good day!! ~tammy