In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In between

not my laundry basket, lest any be confused
I took the picture because I liked the light-play
I just bought a laundry basket. And some dish soap and pine sol. Pleasant, independent, beginning sort of purchases. We have a ridiculously complex detour in my parents town just now, so it's quite a feat getting around to the dollar store and the post office. I dropped in to my sister's house, just in time to get in on dessert--a brownie with coffee ice-cream. I saw the happy faces of my nieces and nephews, and made plans to spend a little more time with my sister before I'm officially moved away. It's nice to have a short rest from the hectic moving-and-new-job part of life, but every day I do a little something in that direction.

I was able to spend some time reading my current Gamache novel. I wrote a few letters that I've been procrastinating for a long time, and folded laundry while watching Elementary. Heard this priceless gem of a quote by Sherlock: "You have the face and frame of a distressed catcher's mitt."

Some days, you just can't beat that.

But on a more glorious note, I've just read and must pass on the previously mentioned Sarah's glorious post Write the Rainbow over at Thoroughly Alive. Thank you Lanier for the link!

No comments: