In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Onward and Upward

 Another drive in to the city, this time in the rain, the windshield wipers beating hypnotically, far too quickly among the riotous drops to be saying ‘beef tea’, or anything else. Taking advantage of the rainy mood to listen to classical MPR… la folia and some sort of fantasia or other that kept reminding me of Farewell to Ireland (a piano piece I learned growing up). It occurred to me I could have brought Harry Potter cassettes, or Mitford, seeing as I was driving the beater van. (Last time I drove the car with a CD player and forgot my Gamache novel on CD… perhaps next time I will bring one… Psmith would not be amiss either.)
The van was necessary this time to bring my bed and all manner of other paraphernalia. I arrived all in one piece and my GPS announced that I had ‘arrived at Home’.
 I set to work sweeping and then mopping my floor with Murphy's oil soap. Lovely smell! And so pleasant to get that dark wood all clean. Then I fetched the bed frame and attempted to put it together. Finally managed with a little help, and then with plenty of help also got the mattresses inside, up the stairs, and in position. Thanks Amy!


Then I lugged in the rest of my van-full and set about unpacking. Books, art, misters with lavender essential oils... mirrors and trunks full of clothes, closety things.





 Tea Anyone?


 And that very important piece... the yoga mat
 first yoga in my new room!
 And, after a short nap, a good cup of tea.
Also, though not pictured, quesadillas for myself and my brother.

No comments: