In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interval days


 laundry and dishes with some Elementary and Lie to Me.




Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Courtesy of Elana

And I have to share a quote from this post by Lanier on her lovely blog Lanier's Books. I recommend the entire post, but wanted to point out here one of the bits that spoke so much to where I'm at.*

"Stay Uncomfortable.
In other words, I must keep allowing myself to be thrown into situations and opportunities in which I am completely over my head. I must keep letting my limits be pushed, embracing the utter disquietude that often (usually, always) accompanies a genuine heart’s desire. I mustn’t allow fear or self-consciousness or inexperience to tether me to the dock when God is longing to breathe wind into my sails. No matter how old I get, I must never allow complacency to masquerade as contentment. Contentment is a lovely thing—a holy thing, in its proper expression. But it must never become an excuse for disobedience."


*(Fear not grammar-junkies, I use dangled prep's and other common language blunders for intentional communication purposes.)

No comments: