In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tea, doctor who, and other ramblings


“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.” --Code of the Woosters, P.G. Wodehouse

It's was a lovely rainy morning, quite chilly, with breakfast and conversation and lots of hot tea. It's such a good day for it, that I decided to make a little post with different pictures of tea that I've taken in the past, and some long-loved quotes.


"There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea," --Emerson
"Tea, tea, tea. What? What?" --Wodehouse
"Never turn down tea if it's offered. It's impolite, and that's how wars start." --the Fifth Doctor
(You know you've seen too much Doctor Who when you see this photo and go 'oh look, it's Matt Smith's hand'.  At the time I hadn't seen the full picture, but I recognized him... by his hand.)

No comments: