In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese

Chesterton said that.


Oh how I love cheese
I devour it with ease
My favorite is mozzarella
In sun or under umbrella

There. Less silent.

I've just read an article on friendship that I want to share. From the clever and informative Brain Pickings, from which I selectively enjoy various intelligent studies and muses.

I'm diggin my 3-year-old-niece's modern art

Spent most of the afternoon getting treats ready to take to work tomorrow. Last day in small-town drugstore sales.

My sister just let me know about this happy thing. Lecrae and Lindsey Stirling together? Yes!

No comments: