In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

inspiring words


Some days you feel like you could fly, like you could walk a tightrope, or accomplish all your dreams. And some days you realize you still have no idea what life's supposed to look like. And what do I even want to do with my life?

And that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Here are some fun pins I found on pinterest that I find encouraging when I feel this way. It also helps to listen to happy music, and decide on something to make--art or food, or anything. As well as something you'd like to be.

Pick a thing.
Do you want to be the person that always smells good?
That's definitely attainable.
Do you want to be 'the most encouraging person'?
Start encouraging everyone you see.

And sometimes you don't want to think about those things. And it's just a day for talking with friends, and writing letters, and turning your face to the sun, and smiling in spite of whatever. 







No comments: