In lieu of trying to belong to any number of societies: Chesterton, Sherlock Holmes, the Inklings, and so on: I propose and establish one of my own. Don your intelligence cap at the door; dust off your logic and imagination; did you bring your inspiration and encouragement? We are shapers, my friends; lit lamps; light-bringers. Bring quotes; poetry should be uplifting and thoughtful, or witty and clever, (or both). Humor is encouraged; laughter is invited back. Pull up a chair. Anyone for tea?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morning


I slept very well last night. I’ve actually been having a little trouble with that these days, so it was nice. I guess I was pretty tired too, so that helps. I dreamed (among other things) about a secret attic playhouse/escape (a common theme, both waking and dreaming) in an old house I used to live in. I often dream in that house. I think of it as an extra set, waiting empty to be acted in whenever my subconscious gets the notion. I should point out though, that the house is real but the secret attic-place was purely a figment of my dream. I thought it amusing though that this time I was coming back to it after I’d been away—coming back to a childhood hideaway—and found I didn’t fit in it anymore. Not quite allegorical perhaps, but thematic.

I came downstairs and finished bringing in my load from the car and carrying baskets and bags as near their final resting place as possible. Then proceeded to make green tea. I love having green tea and a banana first thing, to waken my digestion. This time I drank out of this charming little bowl, for no particular reason. I may be breaking some code or other by drinking out of it, but I’ve looked it up and can’t find out what you’re supposed to use it for. I’ve eaten rice from it as well, and it works as a dipping bowl. For now, it worked well to cool my tea slightly and have it easily sippable.



I pulled out my records. Aren’t these the happiest records ever? To my soul anyway. I put on Rhapsody in Blue as I puttered about my morning. I made egg-in-a-hole and a pot of tea. My first in my happy turtle pot. I had to gauge how much space was actually in the pot, and tried two teabags, but I think I will go with three next time. Three is a great teapot size, so I approve.

Now I’ve set up what I hope will be a well-used writing spot. Window light and window breeze (fan breeze when the wind is lacking or the sun is potent). Open space before me and endless possibilities as I rearrange twenty-six letters over and over until they suit the mind and soul. 


I'm at the coffee-shop now; my coffee shop in a way. I start training in a few minutes, but first I avail myself of the wifi to post this. I may add to it later, or just save up my news for tomorrow. (Friends were here to greet me when I got here, more have come in since. I love my day so far!)
Till next time,

No comments: